We are working for the welfare of the needy home and abroad. Our plan is to combat poverty in ways we can. We love to help and provide solutions in areas where it is better useful.
- Represent seniors’ groups and offer programs or services that do or can directly benefit older adults and seniors living in Ontario.
- Elder abuse prevention networks-
Increasing ability to identify potential elder abuse and increased confidence/willingness to address it also increasing knowledge of community resources related to elder abuse and where to find help.
- Support the development of age-friendly communities.
- Increase the safety and well-being of older adults and seniors.
- Building the capacity of Seniors Active Living Centre programs through new remote or virtual program offering, program expansion, and/or active outreach to potentially new older adult and senior members, particularly those who are isolated.
- Ensuring that some of the most vulnerable can receive the frontline services to meet their mental and physical health needs.
- Creating safe opportunities for older adults and seniors to network remotely, reduce social isolation, and increase engagement within communities through virtual mentoring, volunteerism, and training to support entrepreneurship.
- Organizing and delivering remote/virtual education sessions or a community resource guide for older adults and seniors about elder abuse prevention and response.
- offering educational material that has proven effective.
- Offering Accessibility-based initiatives that safely address the needs of the aging with a disability as well as those experiencing mobility, functional, and cognitive changes as they age.
- Creating resources for community service providers to clarify and coordinate roles and responsibilities related to programs, awareness, and services addressing safety issues such as falls prevention or elder abuse.
- Organizing and delivering education sessions with local enforcement and first responders.
- Remote or virtual activities focused on well-being such as exercise classes, yoga, educational seminars, wellness services.
- Services focused on assisting older adults and seniors by connecting/referring them to the information, and remote services and programs they need (e.g. system navigators).